Any virtual data room, a document collaboration tool, lets you quickly create content and manage projects with timelines, to-do lists, and spreadsheets.
The Best Way to Ensure that Your Client Data is Secure
There are hundreds of systems on the market, the name of which contains the fashionable name of keeping client data secure, but a complex “line-by-line” comparison of the functional and technical features of all possible options can take years of work of the best employees. Even commercial research with an independent description and comparison of existing solutions does not clarify the situation. The first step in choosing a supplier of keeping data secure is drawing up a so-called “shortlist” of applicants who can already participate in the tender.
The best data room for keeping your documents safe allows:
- sequential review of information on all completed documents;
- editing of the entered data;
- data output to a printer or to a file;
- search for any information entered in the database, with applying filters;
- search by qualitative features in the mode of logical YES and NO;
- sorting information by all fields;
- input of new data (database replenishment).
The next step in securing client data of structured programming is associated with the introduction of an apparatus of functions that allow breaking a structured program into parts that are observable in size. With this approach, the program is written in terms of calling top-level functions that are implemented using lower-level functions. Top-down programming was also called modular programming.
What Is Recommended to Do in the Case of Client Data Ensuring?
To ensure client data is secure you need to:
- It is necessary to use on the computer from which the work is carried out, licensed anti-virus protection tools that work in automatic mode;
- It is mandatory to provide automatic updates of the anti-virus databases on an ongoing basis;
- Carry out regular monitoring of the functioning of the anti-virus protection system;
- Disabling antivirus tools or untimely updates installed on computers from which work is performed is strictly prohibited. If an abnormal shutdown of antivirus tools is detected on a computer, work on this computer is not allowed until the cause of the abnormal shutdown is eliminated;
- It is necessary to check the computer for malicious code before starting work and installing software, as well as in the following cases: upon dismissal of a full-time technical support employee the organization that maintains the computer from which the work is carried out; after access to the computer by a non-staff technical support staff of the organization or any other employees who have performed the work of installing, updating and maintaining various accounting, legal, information, and other programs.
- It is necessary on an ongoing basis on a regular basis, for example, monthly, to conduct a full scan of the computer on which the work is carried out for the presence of malicious code.
- On computers used for work, exclude visiting Internet sites of questionable content, downloading and installing unlicensed software, etc.;
- Exclude the use of any software of an entertainment and social nature, etc., except for those necessary for work;
- Switch to the use of licensed software (operating systems, office suites, etc.), ensure automatic updating of system and application software;
- Ensure the application and use of technical means of information protection, designed to prevent unauthorized access to protected information through the use of software vulnerabilities;
- It is necessary to use specialized software tools in workplace security: personal firewalls, anti-spyware, etc.